5 Reasons to Advertise
A primer for the construction industry
Construction is too often considered to be based on a “lowest bid” mentality, and many in it are skeptical about the value of advertising. Advertising is an intangible, BUT the Builders Exchange Magazine alone can offer YOU a way to directly measure the worth of your advertising. See the box next door, No. 3, for more on iReplyDirect
Why advertise in BXM?
1. We are targeted: We're the only commercial construction magazine that targets the entire state of Ohio, with a readership of 24,000+ that goes to developers and owners, to architects and engineers, to general contractors and construction managers, and to subs and suppliers.
2. We are authoritative: With the backing of the state's preeminent membership construction organization, our objective voice is heard monthly by industry leaders found to be MOST ACTIVE in the BX's outstanding database of construction BUYERS AND SELLERS.
3. We can measure your ad's success: We're the only Ohio business magazine that offers iReplyDirect. Those who see your ad and want to know more are connected DIRECTLY TO YOU via our exclusive service that give you the names and contact info of solid, qualified leads.
4. We are the quality choice: We pioneered the use of full color and graphic excellence that provides the right medium for presenting your company's message of professionalism and expertise.
Business development is really a matter of relationships, and in these relationships that the quality of a structure comes in. Advertising builds these relationships. Need proof? :
1. To make contact
Research into B2B sales shows that regular sales calls reach only 10% of your customer base. Advertising fills the void for customers who can't be called on regularly. Plus, today's typical personal sales call costs about $259; typical advertising per person reached only about 15¢, and it reaches all of the potential buying influencers within a company, not just a few. iReply DIrect establishes that contact.
2. To generate leads
A four-year study by Penton Publishing of 350,000 leads created by their B2B advertising showed that:
iReplyDIrect brings you those leads.
- 4 out of 5 inquirers to an ad never get face time with a salesperson.
- 3 out of 5 didn't know the advertiser made the product before seeing the ad.
- 1 out of 5 bought the advertised product.
3. To increase sales
The same study found that sales increased when potential customers were exposed to more advertising. Medium exposure (6 x yearly) increased sales by over 80%. High exposure (12 x yearly) increased them by 157%.iReplyDirect shows how exposure pays.
4. To lower the cost of a sale
Ads play a critical role in lowering the cost of each sale. It is such an efficient tool that in cases where “high” advertising dollars are utilized, sales costs are lowered almost 25%. iReplyDirect proves the value of your ad dollar.
5. To develop brand awareness
Ads build brand awareness. McGraw Hill once did a study that tracked over 2,000 product lines sold through one of their magazines; 600 had been advertised, 1,400 not. The advertised lines had over 250% higher awareness than products not advertised, and the more it was advertised, the higher the gain in buyer awareness. IReplyDirect builds your brand.